tweet this Tweet this Pin this Email it Add this

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Boy and His Dog

12 years ago I bought my dad a puppy for Father's day. I taught her all the tricks she knew, hiked mountains and swam in glacier creeks with her. She loved to pull me on rollerblades but hated coming along while we were cliff jumping. She was convinced that it wasn't safe and would howl and cry every time I jumped. I loved that dog and when she lived with us for a year, she was Caleb's best friend. My babies curled up in the warmth of her fur.

She died today. My eyes are leaking and my heart hurts. Faithful, loyal and gentle even though she was in pain. Goodbye, old friend. You will be missed.


2 comments:

  1. I still leak looking at this :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll get easier, soon you'll only remember how awesome she was. You guys raised a great dog!

      Delete

Visitors